1. Kenra Volume Spray 25--This is the holy grail of hairsprays. It is perfect for every hair type, which is probably why it has continuously won the Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award. It retails for $24 for the largest bottle, but it lasts me a long time, as I don't use a ton of hair spray. Most of the time I get it from a local beauty school when they run a BOGO special on products.
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry--I have tried many different brands of dry shampoo, and this is the best value to me. It absorbs oil extremely well, doesn't leave white residue after I rub it in, and adds texture when I need it to. I usually buy the original formula, but Killian thought I should try the pretty cherry one, and I am glad I did!! I love it :) Ulta often has it on sale BOGO free, it is $7.99 regularly. If you stack that with a $3.50 off coupon, it's a fabulous steal.
3. Suave Professionals Volumizing Mousse--90% of the time I shower at night and let my hair air dry, and only put this in at the roots. My hair is too slippery if I don't put anything in it, so this adds some texture. I like that this isn't too sticky, and it's super cheap at $2.88.
4. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum--I have used this product since it came out. I have yet to find a product that duplicates it. It smooths the hair without making it greasy like an oil. It cuts drying time WAY down. I can't say anything about its straightening powers, because my hair has ZERO wave. I am always sure to put this in my hair when I will be curling it too because it just makes the curls come out smoother. It is $21.99 a bottle, but no joke a bottle will last me about a year or more!! I also usually get this at beauty school on sale.
5. Chi 44 Iron Guard--Heat protecting spray is my least favorite product to buy, but I totally notice the difference when I don't use it, or go cheap on it. Again, I probably only heat style my hair a couple times a week max, so this lasts me a really long time, so I can justify $14.50. I have yet to find a Chi product that I am not happy with. People say the brand is overrated, but I love it.